Sterilmed, a part of the CSS Group, member of the Johnson and Johnson Family of companies is currently recruiting for a Senior Packaging Engineer located in Plymouth, Minnesota
The CSS Group consists of six diverse businesses including Advanced Sterilization Products (ASP), Acclarent, Biosense Webster, Mentor, and Sterilmed.
Sterilmed, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is a nationally recognized company that safely reprocesses single-use medical devices for hospitals and surgery centers across the country. We take great pride in saving hundreds of millions of dollars for the healthcare system while simultaneously diverting thousands of tons of biomedical waste from landfills. Medical device reprocessing is an FDA-regulated industry and is endorsed by the AHA, AORN, CMS and the Joint Commission.
Provides technical expertise in the areas of design, development, testing and production scale-up of new packaging component and systems.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, design, and validate packaging and labeling per requirements
- Designs, develops, and oversees validation of package components and packaging processes.
- Evaluates new package concepts and technologies.
- Leads process improvement or task teams.
- Partners with the design team to deliver packaging components in a timely manner for research and development and packaging system projects.
- Directs major sections of new package development projects.
- Determines packaging methods and techniques and adapts standard methods to meet variations.
- Utilizes technical expertise, comprehensive work experience, complex and diverse package engineering knowledge to generate valid creative solutions.
- Specify and document packaging equipment, materials and test methods
- Review existing and develop new procedures to assure compliance with GMPâs and adherence to company and regulatory requirements
- Lead and facilitate packaging improvement activities
- Qualify packaging equipment
- Coordinates plans and responses relating to internal and external audits assuring follow-through
- Author, revise, train, and provide support for production work instructions
- Role may include project and team management responsibilities
- Perform continuous improvement and support sustaining efforts
- Identify new processing needs, develop packaging specifications, and procure equipment and materials to facilitate product implementation
- Investigate and execute corrective/preventive actions for ongoing manufacturing processes
- Committed to building a positive culture
- Other responsibilities may be assigned & not all responsibilities listed may be assigned
- Bachelor degree in Engineering is required.
- An Engineering degree in one of the following is preferred (Biomedical, Packaging, Manufacturing, Mechanical, Industrial, etc.)
- Packaging engineering responsibilities in ISO13485/GMP environment is preferred
- Prior experience in the medical device industry is preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office is required
- Solidworks knowledge preferred
- Experience with DOE, FMEA, QSR, process capability studies, and validation methodology is required
- Familiarity with ASTM and other packaging standards is required
- Strong statistical skills with knowledge of statistical software is preferred
- Ability to work within an ISO structured quality system is required
- Good planning, multi-tasking, and project management skills is required
- Demonstrated track record of completing projects on time and accomplishing goals is required
- Ability to function independently as well as part of a team is required
- Excellent technical written and oral communication skills is required
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in fast-paced environment is required
- Up to 10% domestic and international travel is required.
Do you strive to join an outstanding team that is dynamic and ever-changing? Is career growth and opportunity appealing to you? Apply to this opportunity today.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Sterilmed, Inc. (6215)
Click here for more info: https://jnjc.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=4956180104&lang=en
• Post ID: 29407977 minneapolis