What you’ll be doing...
Verizon Connect is guiding a connected world on the go by automating, optimizing and revolutionizing the way people, vehicles and things move through the world. Our full suite of industry-defining solutions and services put innovation, automation and connected data to work for customers and help them be safer, more efficient and more productive. With more than 3,500 dedicated employees in 15 countries, we deliver leading mobile technology platforms and solutions.
As a SaaS leader, we know our talent is the most important component to our success. We hire top talent and empower them to do their best work. As a division of Verizon, we combine the fun and excitement of a start-up environment with the resources, operational excellence, and brand recognition of an established tech giant.
As a Senior Solutions Engineer, you will partner with Verizon Connect’s Senior Client Executives to develop value propositions for our platform products and conduct pre-sales presentations to sign Verizon Connect’s most strategic, high-profile prospects. You will be responsible for all technical aspects of proposed solutions working in close partnership with the Product Management, Engineering, and Post-Sales Services. This role will work closely with the regional Sales Directors and area Sales Vice Presidents to develop Pre-Sales engagement playbooks for the area Solutions Engineering team to adopt and implement.
For this job, you'll bring extensive pre-sales experience with enterprise software selling within large Fortune 500 companies, a strong technical background, and detailed knowledge of web technologies, and enterprise SaaS applications. You must have a strong background in technology, Internet protocols, sales, systems information management, and systems design, including experience in consultative selling or solution-based sales. You also enjoy working with people and technology, and as such you have both the ability to interact with engineering teams as well as excellent relationship-building and communication skills.
- Collaborate with regional and area sales leadership to land strategic customer opportunities.
- Partner with Senior Client Executives to provide support for the most strategic deals and opportunities in the East or West areas, which may include mentoring and support of assigned solutions engineers.
- Design and implement solution processes to align product and vertical selling strategies to the area team.
- Develop review process with regional SE teams for opportunity assessment and process improvement training and development programs.
- Communicate Verizon Connect value proposition to varying technical and non-technical clients, including executive ''C'' level management, VP, and Director levels, and end-users.
- Propose and/or design technical solutions to meet prospect's business, technical, and/or financial goals.
- Support and setup tradeshow demo playbooks.
- Partner with Sales to develop requirements documents, presentations, proposals, and ROI models, and coordinate with a team of support specialists, consultants, or project managers to execute sales objectives or to ensure that all pre-sales customer requirements are documented and transitioned.
- Maintain expert knowledge of Verizon Connect products to develop and present unique solutions, and maintain knowledge of emerging trends in technology and online advertising.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- BA/BS degree preferred with a strong academic record.
- 7+ years of Technical sales or field sales experience
- Documented success in large enterprise opportunities in your current role.
- Demonstrated success in cross functional initiatives and experience in technical expertise.
Even better if you have:
- Technical degree and industry experience
- Sales engineering or consulting experience preferred
- Proven ability to adapt your presentations to the technical level of the audience, and comfort with presenting technical materials to large groups.
Keywords: Connect, Fleetmatics, Telogis, Skyward.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2529168-sales-solultions-engineer
• Post ID: 30153392 minneapolis