Registered Nurse Obstetrics \"RN\" / OB, Relocate to Nome, Alaska! - Norton Sound Health Corporation
Registered Nurse Obstetrics (RN/OB)
Relocate to Nome, Alaska!
NSHC is recruiting for a Registered Nurse - OB to join our team!
Contact an NSHC Professional Recruiter today!
Job Description (RN OB):
Assess, plan, coordinate and render direct, individualized, skilled nursing care to obstetric patients while applying standards for professional nursing practice before and after a birth. Provide care for adult and pediatric patients with medical and psychological illness.
Essential Functions (RN OB):
- Read fetal monitor, assist with breathing techniques and monitor contractions while making sure equipment is functioning properly
- Take vital signs, perform basic IV and phlebotomy skills and other assessments
- Administer pain medication as ordered and other medications to address specific medical conditions, such as hypertension and diabetes including care for patients on Pitocin and MGS04
- Check patient s cervix periodically to monitor progression/lack of dilation, contact delivering physician and assist with instruments and supplies needed for the birthing process
- Record time of birth, give Apgar scores and prepare for immediate new born care
- Stabilize high risk and preterm mothers with babies in preparation for transfer if needed
- Identify and manage life-sustaining physiological functions to unstable patients
- Assist with nursing duties for other patients in Acute Care when necessary
- Perform other duties as assigned
All Norton Sound Health Corporation employees are expected to have general knowledge of typical office technologies such as computers, printers, copiers, fax machines, and typical office software.
- Knowledge of labor and delivery processes and protocols
- Knowledge of hemodynamics
- Knowledge of newborn care
Job-specific skills and abilities:
- Skill in providing labor support
- Above average communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work closely with families under intense circumstances
Minimum Requirements (RN OB):
Alaska RN License (Ability to obtain) , 3-5 yrs. RN exp. incl. 1 yr. L&D exp.; A.S. degree, BLS, ACLS, PALS, STABLE and NRP within 1 year of hire.
Associated topics: ambulatory, cardiothoracic, care, ccu, domiciliary, hospice, intensive care unit, psychiatric, registered nurse, surgical
• Post ID: 27060897 minneapolis