Posted: Saturday, February 3, 2018 6:48 PM
Req ID: 38321
A thriving environment for learning, innovation and growth.
Why do so many people join MTS Systems Corporation and stay for a career? Because this is a place where you get your creativity, work with smart people on fascinating projects, and make a positive impact on peoples lives. It is a place where you can learn, innovate and grow professionally.
Transforming whats possible with cars, aircraft, bridges, wind turbines and space:age materials : this is work we dream about as kids. At MTS, its a rewarding career path for talented individuals who are willing to work hard, think hard, and commit to solving complex and critical challenges for our customers around the world, many of whom are leaders in their respective industries.
By joining MTS, youll have access to the latest tools and technologies, along with the support of colleagues who are passionate about their work. Youll discover a dynamic culture of continuous improvement that extends to our people, one that offers numerous ways to expand your knowledge and advance your career. And because we are a global company, your work may also include world travel.
Our business is thriving. Our future is exciting. Your potential is unlimited.
To direct and coordinate the operation of a designated group or groups to provide efficient, cost effective and timely provision of high quality goods and/or services.
Major Areas of Accountability:
1. Plans and supervises execution of daily activities in assigned area(s) and assures leadership coverage on multiple shifts. Assigns and delegates tasks. Monitors schedule performance. Develops and implements corrective actions.
2. Develops and implements local and shorter:term solutions supporting departmental, divisional and corporate policies and decisions. Contributes to policy:making process.
3. Establish, maintain, and monitor processes and procedures ensuring high quality of the area product/service, efficient operation. Upholds compliance with ISO 9001 requirements, EHS and corporate policies.
4. Assures the product of service of the assigned area meets all applicable quality requirements (i.e. engineering, project specific, product and industry standards).
5. Control cost of providing the products and services of assigned area(s). Monitors actual costs against standard costs and planned project costs and directs corrective action. Directs development and implementation of product, system and project cost improvements.
6. Establishes and applies performance metrics. Identifies opportunities for process and quality improvement. Evaluates employee performance and opportunities for improvement. Develops and implements solutions to process, quality and employee improvement opportunities.
7. Maintains operation of assigned area(s) in compliance with budgetary guidelines. Collaborates on budget development, monitors performance, takes corrective action and directs continuous cost improvements of all areas including labor, expenses, assessments, and capital.
8. Monitors demand for area services and adjusts staffing levels to meet requirements using available methods including internal resources, contract agencies, and direct hiring.
9. Ensures assigned staff are qualified and appropriately trained for assigned work. Create and maintain training plans and records. Assures that appropriate training program(s) are in place and yielding required results.
10. Manages employee performance development to maximize employee performance and satisfaction. Establishes area goals in alignment with cooperate initiatives and cascades goals to direct reports.
11. Acts as the primary representative
• Location: Minneapolis / St. paul
• Post ID: 29360927 minneapolis