Posted: Saturday, February 3, 2018 2:41 PM
Req ID: 36701
A thriving environment for learning, innovation and growth.
Why do so many people join MTS Systems Corporation and stay for a career? Because this is a place where you get your creativity, work with smart people on fascinating projects, and make a positive impact on peoples lives. It is a place where you can learn, innovate and grow professionally.
Transforming whats possible with cars, aircraft, bridges, wind turbines and space:age materials : this is work we dream about as kids. At MTS, its a rewarding career path for talented individuals who are willing to work hard, think hard, and commit to solving complex and critical challenges for our customers around the world, many of whom are leaders in their respective industries.
By joining MTS, youll have access to the latest tools and technologies, along with the support of colleagues who are passionate about their work. Youll discover a dynamic culture of continuous improvement that extends to our people, one that offers numerous ways to expand your knowledge and advance your career. And because we are a global company, your work may also include world travel.
Our business is thriving. Our future is exciting. Your potential is unlimited.
Conduct system:level integration, commissioning and acceptance. Troubleshoot and resolve complex system issues that cross mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, controls, and software disciplines. Provide consulting services and training to customers in area of expertise. Support Sales and Product Development through deep technical understanding of customer needs and directions.
Major Areas of Accountability:
1. System Commissioning, Training, Consulting, and Technical Support
* Integrate subsystems (mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, controls, software, etc.) into a fully functional system. Verify and validate system performance. Work with team members to resolve system:level issues and gain system acceptance on time and within budget.
* Ensure contractual commitments, acceptance plan and customer expectations are in alignment as early as possible.
* Provide consulting services to customers in area of expertise and support development of new consulting offerings as appropriate.
* Train customers on operation of systems and on integration of MTSs systems into customer product development processes. Develop and deliver MTS training courses in area of expertise.
* Provide customer technical support at the Tier 3 level (most difficult or advanced issues).
* Support development of new, complex, state:of:the:art test systems from concept design through commissioning and training.
2. Application Engineering and Sales Support
* Perform product demonstrations on software, controllers and mechanical systems.
* Review quotations to ensure the test system, acceptance criteria and budget are in alignment.
* Analyze performance data and customer requirements in support of sales.
* Develop and deliver presentations for user groups or other professional/technical societies. Publish technical papers, collaborating with customers as appropriate.
* Develop a broad understanding of customer testing requirements and test processes to enable in:depth technical discussions with customers.
* Explain how MTSs solutions fit into customer product development processes and how output from systems can meet customer needs both within and outside the test lab.
3. Product Development Support
* Provide feedback to software, electrical, and mechanical development teams on existing issues and future product enhancements observed during targeted testing, system checkout, and customer interactions.
* Working collabo
• Location: Minneapolis / St. paul
• Post ID: 29349402 minneapolis