Special Education Assistant Cadre (Multiple Positions Available) - (minneapolis, minnesota)
Posted: Friday, March 9, 2018 12:31 AM
Below is specific information for you to consider about this position.
Special Education Assistant Cadre (Multiple Positions Available) and Requisition ID number:
No established closing date; open until filled
SEA Cadre (10000977)
Citywide School Support (0002)
0.75625 or 30.25 hours/week; this is based on full:time equivalency with 1.0 being full time
Resume and Cover Letter are mandatory for any position.
**Internal Employees Please Note: Following July 15th, current Minneapolis Public Schools (MPS) Special Education Assistants (SEA) are ineligible for voluntary transfers within their job title through the end of the school year. The SEA transfer process for the following school year will reopen in early spring. (MFT 59 Contract Article 20.3)**
Under general supervision, Special Education Assistants (SEA) provide a variety of services to assist students with special needs in a learning environment; assist Minneapolis Public School (MPS) staff to develop and implement appropriate individualized lessons and activities for students with disabilities; and help students to meet their therapy and education goals. CADRE team members have a unique opportunity to provide city:wide assistance to special needs students, ranging from Birth to 21 years of age, at schools throughout the entire District. SEAs on the CADRE team specfically support the sick days and paid leaves for over 750 MPS Special Education Assistants. While CADRE positions can be likened to being substitute SEAs, CADRE team members are pemanent employees who work daily and are fully eligble for benefits Benefits of the position include:
:Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
:Paid Sick Leave, Vacation Time, and Holidays
:PERA Retirement Pension
:Starting Pay of 17.15/hour and Opportunity for Career Advancement
: and More
Principal responsibilities of SEAs include:
* Providing support services to children with moderate to severe disabilities and assisting MPS staff to facilitate educational functions and other services that maintain a safe and productive learning environment, sensitive to the needs and legal rights of special education students.
*Working with students to improve personal skills and reinforcing classroom learning.
* Assisting students in learning processes through reinforcement of positive behavior, individual instruction, socialization, and good communications.
* Monitoring student activities, promoting respect, explaining social norms and disciplinary consequences, and de:escalating personal confrontations.
* Maintaining behavior documentation, written observations and anecdotal information files for Support and Advocacy for Independent Living Program (SAIL), Individualized Education Program (IEP), and Functional Behavioral Assessments (FBA).
* Monitoring work, correcting papers, and transitioning students for medications, meals, buses, and classes.
* Attending to and providing for students daily hygiene, personal and health related cares, as directed by licensed staff. Assisting students in community, recreational, school, and vocational training. Providing assistance to students in classrooms and after:school programs.
* Serving as a reserve/substitute Special Education Assistant. Employees in this unique group will be assigned on an emergency basis to support schools/programs in high need situations across disability areas. Personal transportation is required as position may move from site to site.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
*Sixty (60) semester or Ninety (90) quarter college credits.
*Two (2) years of experience working with children. Additional
• Location: Minneapolis / St. paul
• Post ID: 30196067 minneapolis