Posted: Saturday, February 3, 2018 12:07 AM
About Blue Cross
Founded in 1933, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota is the largest health plan in the state. We have more members, the largest network of providers and more products and services than any other plan in Minnesota. From the beginning, Blue Cross has been an innovator with a mission of making a healthy difference in people's lives.
We understand the importance of finding a job that you truly enjoy - at a company that shares your values. We've made it easy to feel good about working at Blue Cross by encouraging volunteerism, valuing diversity and offering the flexibility you need to live a balanced life. We offer a suite of comprehensive medical and dental benefits as well as competitive pay, flexible work schedules and generous personal paid time off in addition to 20 hours of volunteer paid time off each year. We look forward to serving Minnesotans over the next 80 years and beyond. Join us and make a healthy difference through the work you do every day.
Description Summary 13;
This position is responsible for supporting and guiding the formation of the strategic needs of the company through the application of advanced analytics to diverse business questions and initiatives. A successful applicant will work independently in addition to guide cross:functional teams to initiate, plan, and lead analysis from conceptual development to conclusion. Additionally, the applicant will achieve success using a combination of traits and skills including industry knowledge, data and programming savvy, and math and statistical abilities. The position will lead efforts with coworkers, internal business partners, and leadership to clarify requirements, analyze complex data, and produce and present meaningful and defensible results, including the identification of success factors and barriers, improvement opportunities, proposing solutions, and informing strategic decisions. The individual will also drive action based on the results obtained. The Healthcare Analyst Principal will represent the department on both internal and external initiatives. They may also lead project teams. The incumbent will lead efforts to define meaningful contributions that will influence strategic decision:making at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota. 13;
1) Uses databases for analysis and dissemination of information.
2) Performs complex analysis of data. Researches, analyzes data, applies statistical methods when appropriate, and provides interpretation of outcomes. Identifies issues to be researched, determining affected areas, estimating the impact and contributing to the resolution.
3) Leads teams to develop analytic approaches, measurement plans, data analysis, and report results on health care utilization, expenditures, outcomes, and benchmarks.
4) Initiates actions to discover new analyses that will contribute to the strategic needs of Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota.
5) Works with leadership to understand and interpret the impacts to cost and quality of proposals using relevant data sources and analytic methods.
6) Helps drive the implementation of new products and systems by providing actionable information and recommendations that evaluate the impact of the proposed products and systems.
7) Represents the division on corporate projects and may have leadership roles on these teams.
8) Independently manages issues that may arise on multiple tasks or projects with limited or no management involvement.
9) Acts as a resource and/or mentor for other members of the department and company on business issues and may be responsible for training and guidance of other employees.
10) Formulates strategic recommendations and present findings to management and external clients.
11) Serves as an analytic consultant who can explain complex measurement or analysis techniques and results in laymans terms.
• Location: Minneapolis / St. paul
• Post ID: 29360802 minneapolis