Posted: Tuesday, January 16, 2018 2:26 AM
Req ID: 37802
A thriving environment for learning, innovation and growth.
Why do so many people join MTS Systems Corporation and stay for a career? Because this is a place where you get your creativity, work with smart people on fascinating projects, and make a positive impact on peoples lives. It is a place where you can learn, innovate and grow professionally.
Transforming whats possible with cars, aircraft, bridges, wind turbines and space:age materials : this is work we dream about as kids. At MTS, its a rewarding career path for talented individuals who are willing to work hard, think hard, and commit to solving complex and critical challenges for our customers around the world, many of whom are leaders in their respective industries.
By joining MTS, youll have access to the latest tools and technologies, along with the support of colleagues who are passionate about their work. Youll discover a dynamic culture of continuous improvement that extends to our people, one that offers numerous ways to expand your knowledge and advance your career. And because we are a global company, your work may also include world travel.
Our business is thriving. Our future is exciting. Your potential is unlimited.
Oversees the development, deployment, effectiveness and continual improvement of material handling and inventory systems and processes to ensure the safe, timely, accurate, and efficient movement and storage of materials throughout all MTS Test facilities. Responsible for the flow of material from receipt to ship.
Major Areas of Accountability:
1. Champions the multi:year inventory and materials handling improvement initiatives.
o Baselines current state including gap analysis
o Defines key metrics required to measure system effectiveness
o Implements state:of:the:art materials management systems and processes
o Drives improvement initiatives on schedule and on budget
2. Conduct assessments and analysis of warehouse and material handling processes to determine effectiveness and recommend changes to improve.
3. Develop plans to drive identified and approved changes.
4. Utilizes Lean and Six Sigma tools to drive projects to improve warehouse and material handling operations including expense and capital budgets.
5. Support data gathering and metric development in material handling and warehouse functions to measure and maintain process improvements.
6. Responsible for ongoing management and development of assigned employees. Determines staffing and skill requirements to meet business and department needs. Works collaboratively both with team and cross:functionally.
7. Mentor and coach team members as required.
8. Other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor degree in Business, Supply Chain, Engineering, or related major.
2. Minimum 10 years experience in manufacturing environment. Minimum 5 years leadership and supply chain experience.
3. Experience with materials handling and inventory management, especially implementing improvements in processes and systems.
4. SAP experience or related ERP experience strongly preferred.
5. Lean and Six Sigma experience and certification preferred.
6. Experience working with 3PL partners preferred.
7. Demonstrated communication and leadership skills and ability to interact professionally with all levels within the organization and external customers.
8. Ability to manage in matrix management structure.
MTS Systems Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, relig
• Location: Minneapolis / St. paul
• Post ID: 28633807 minneapolis