A computer numerically controlled (CNC) programmer programs the machines that cut, shape and finish materials such as metals and plastics into usable components.
About the Company
Founded in 1996, Oakdale Precision Inc. is an ISO 9001:2015 certified,ITAR and FDA registered, continuously growing, full service job shop.The company specializes in quick turn, prototype, and custom builds, but also takes in light to medium production runs. Currently we supply parts, assemblies, fixtures, and capital equipment to over 80 different customers.
Our manufacturing capabilities include design engineering, reverse engineering, milling, turning (both lathes and swiss machines), sheet metal, welding, grinding, contract inspection, and assembly. Full time mechanical engineers and toolmakers give us options and advantages that our competition doesnt have. Utilizing Solidworks, Pro-E, MasterCam, SurfCam, and Part Maker, we are able to design and/or produce even the most complex of products.
Create CNC programs for the manufacture of machined parts and tooling to meet required specifications. Setup, prove and run CNC programs on CNC machine tools.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Use Mastercam CAD/CAM software create and edit programs
- Mazak Vertical Mills, Multi-Axis Turning Centers, Hurco Vertical Mills
- Setup and run CNC machine tools
- Maintain CNC programs by revision level ensuring old revision archival.
- Determine processes, tools, work holding, and stock needed for part manufacture.
- Inspect parts to verify specifications are met.
- Understand and follow QMS procedures
- Capable of using Mastercam CAD/CAM software to edit existing and creating new CNC programs
- 2years of experience in a machine shop environment
- Able to understand and edit G and M code CNC programs
- General computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft office products
- Communicate effectively with all departments
- Able to read and interpret blueprints
- Able to properly use measuring instruments to inspect parts
- Detail oriented / good problem-solving skills
- Able to follow written and verbal instructions
Job Type: Full-time40hour work week, 3pm -1amas 2nd shift
Salary: $25-$35/hour depending on experience
Associated topics: automated, automatic, cad, cnc fabricating, cnc machine, computer aided manufacturing, computer numeric control, machine operator, programming, smt machine
• Post ID: 28666857 minneapolis