Posted: Monday, February 26, 2018 12:19 AM
Below is specific information for you to consider about this position.
Special Education Assistant Pool : River Bend Education Center and Requisition ID number:
No established closing date; open until filled
River Bend (10000019)
Varies; this is based on full:time equivalency with 1.0 being full time
Resume and Cover Letter are mandatory for any position.
**Internal Employees Please Note: Following July 15th, current Minneapolis Public Schools (MPS) Special Education Assistants (SEA) are ineligible for voluntary transfers within their job title through the end of the school year. The SEA transfer process for the following school year will reopen in early spring. (MFT 59 Contract Article 20.3)**
**All Applicants Please Note:
This posting serves to collect an applicant pool for both current and future SEA vacancies at River Bend Education Center. If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted directly by someone from the hiring team when there are positions available.**
Under general supervision, Special Education Assistants (SEA) provide a variety of services to assist students with special needs in a learning environment; assist Minneapolis Public School (MPS) staff to develop and implement appropriate individualized lessons and activities for students with disabilities; and help students to meet their therapy and education goals. SEAs at River Bend Education Center serve students who have significant emotional, behavior, and mental health needs that can adversely affect their academic and social progress. River Bend SEAs help provide the intensive academic and behavior management support that these students need in order to thrive in an educational setting.
Being part of the River Bend team means that you will be part of a supportive, collaborative group of colleagues who are deeply dedicated to finding educational solutions for River Bend students. Positions are fully eligible for benefits, including:
:Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
:Paid Sick Leave, Vacation Time, and Holidays
:PERA Retirement Pension
:Starting Pay of 17.15/hour and Opportunity for Career Advancement
: and More
Principal responsibilities of SEAs include:
* Providing support services to children with moderate to severe disabilities and assisting MPS staff to facilitate educational functions and other services that maintain a safe and productive learning environment, sensitive to the needs and legal rights of special education students.
*Working with students to improve personal skills and reinforcing classroom learning.
* Assisting students in learning processes through reinforcement of positive behavior, individual instruction, socialization, and good communications.
* Monitoring student activities, promoting respect, explaining social norms and disciplinary consequences, and de:escalating personal confrontations.
* Maintaining behavior documentation, written observations and anecdotal information files for Support and Advocacy for Independent Living Program (SAIL), Individualized Education Program (IEP), and Functional Behavioral Assessments (FBA).
* Monitoring work, correcting papers, and transitioning students for medications, meals, buses, and classes.
* Attending to and providing for students daily hygiene, personal and health related cares, as directed by licensed staff. Assisting students in community, recreational, school, and vocational training. Providing assistance to students in classrooms and after:school programs.
* Providing support in the least restrictive environment so that students can be successf
• Location: Minneapolis / St. paul
• Post ID: 29937537 minneapolis