Posted: Monday, December 25, 2017 1:14 AM
Below is specific information for you to consider about this position.
Job Title: 2017:18 Licensed Practical Nurse Pool and Requisition ID number: 47610
Site: Locations may vary on a routine basis.
Close Date: No established closing date; open until filled
Full/Part Time: Varies
Functional Area: Clerical
This position is a candidate pool and not a specific position at a school or department. This position may require an initial screening interview before being placed into the Candidate Pool. There may not be an available position(s) at the time of application but positions can become available at any time. The candidate pool is used to refer qualified applicants to the site/department with the open position. Human Resources will process your application, and once approved, your name will be sent to the Site(s) and or Department(s) with available positions.
Resume and Cover Letter are mandatory for any position.
Under general supervision, provide basic public school nursing services in the examination and treatment of patients; promotes, maintains and restores good health at MPS facilities.
*Provide general and special health counseling, patient care instructions, and treatment services to students and MPS staff, and respond to emergencies in compliance with MPS policies and quality standards.
* Support and enhance the patients physical and emotional stability; explain nature of illness, plan of care, procedures and treatments to patient, family and significant others.
* Perform nursing procedures, first aid and prescribed medicines and medical treatments; observe and assess patients conditions and behavior; monitor patients for adverse effects, and verify patient safety and stability; report significant changes to supervisor or physician.
* Interview and observe patients to ascertain medical history and current condition; review patients records, take vital signs, assess current condition and pain level; administer medications as authorized; record nursing notes on patient chart. Confer and collaborate with other health care professionals to provide continuum of care.
* Screen students for a variety of health care and environmental issues; track and evaluate infection control problems and follow up with clients according to protocols.
* Prepare correspondence, referrals, patient histories, and narrative nursing activity reports; update and maintain a variety of files, records, charts and other documents; maintain appropriate records and prepare reports as required.
* Follow MPS nursing services protocols, procedures and authorized written medical care plans.
* Verify and monitor the health and safety of students and staff in the facilities.
* Maintain inventory of first aid supplies and equipment; re:order supplies as needed.
* State and Federal laws and regulatory issues governing public health, including rules and regulations of the Minnesota Department of Health and other governing agencies.
*Modern nursing principles, techniques, and procedures for the care of patients.
* Medical terminology, anatomy, physiology and concepts of disease.
* Public health and safety protocols and regional healthcare issues.
* Nutrition and health maintenance issues for children and young adults.
* Regional community service agencies and other governmental assistance programs.
* Principles of record keeping and confidential records and file management.
* Customer service and public relations methods and practices.
Graduate of an accredited Licensed Practical Nurse program; AND (2) years of experience as a Licensed Practical Nurse: OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience as determined by Human Resources.
LICENSE AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
A valid Minn
• Location: Minneapolis / St. paul
• Post ID: 28384457 minneapolis