Posted: Tuesday, February 6, 2018 4:12 PM
Req ID: 39101
A thriving environment for learning, innovation and growth.
Why do so many people join MTS Systems Corporation and stay for a career? Because this is a place where you get your creativity, work with smart people on fascinating projects, and make a positive impact on peoples lives. It is a place where you can learn, innovate and grow professionally.
Transforming whats possible with cars, aircraft, bridges, wind turbines and space:age materials : this is work we dream about as kids. At MTS, its a rewarding career path for talented individuals who are willing to work hard, think hard, and commit to solving complex and critical challenges for our customers around the world, many of whom are leaders in their respective industries.
By joining MTS, youll have access to the latest tools and technologies, along with the support of colleagues who are passionate about their work. Youll discover a dynamic culture of continuous improvement that extends to our people, one that offers numerous ways to expand your knowledge and advance your career. And because we are a global company, your work may also include world travel.
Our business is thriving. Our future is exciting. Your potential is unlimited.
Performs tax compliance, planning and analysis to ensure MTS is in compliance with tax laws while minimizing the Companys tax liability.
Major Areas of Accountability:
1. Leads the preparation of tax filings including the consolidated federal income tax return, 30:40 state income/franchise tax returns, 15:20 international reporting forms (5471s), quarterly estimated tax payments, extensions, amended returns, maintenance of Corptax software, and miscellaneous federal and state reporting as needed. Includes complex tax calculations including R and D credit, foreign tax credit, foreign source income, exercised stock options, and the manufacturing deduction.
2. Maintains the tax return workpapers in an orderly, accurate, auditable and complete manner. Ensures the files retained are in accordance with the corporations record retention policy.
3. Researches technical tax issues in the federal, state and international areas of the law considering the applicable facts of the Companys business. Prepares written analyses of issues and conclusions reached on the tax positions taken by the corporation. Pursues technical training and self:study to remain current with tax regulations.
4. Supports the global tax provision process and prepares monthly, quarterly and year:end income tax provision for domestic and foreign affiliates. Reconciles current and deferred income tax accounts and maintains tax basis balance sheets for each legal entity.
5. Develops an understanding of the business portfolio and builds relationships within the finance function and the various business segments in order to provide tax compliance assistance to all of MTS global locations.
6. Models various tax scenarios and completes calculations on an as needed basis. Such calculations may include earnings and profit studies, R and D studies, cash repatriation scenarios, and the impact of new tax laws.
7. Maintains databases and other records that support recurring positions taken in tax returns (fixed assets, stock options, credit carryforwards, and other significant items).
8. Supports the business in various fringe benefit tax:related matters (Company Car Program, Employee Achievement Awards, 1099 Filings, Employee Relocations, Expatriate Assignments, Deferred Compensation Plans, etc).
9. Leads and/or supports various tax audits by outside regulatory agencies. Responds to tax notices received from the various taxing authorities.
• Location: Minneapolis / St. paul
• Post ID: 29455647 minneapolis