Posted: Wednesday, November 8, 2017 4:03 AM
About Blue Cross
Founded in 1933, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota is the largest health plan in the state. We have more members, the largest network of providers and more products and services than any other plan in Minnesota. From the beginning, Blue Cross has been an innovator with a mission of making a healthy difference in people's lives.
We understand the importance of finding a job that you truly enjoy - at a company that shares your values. We've made it easy to feel good about working at Blue Cross by encouraging volunteerism, valuing diversity and offering the flexibility you need to live a balanced life. We offer a suite of comprehensive medical and dental benefits as well as competitive pay, flexible work schedules and generous personal paid time off in addition to 20 hours of volunteer paid time off each year. We look forward to serving Minnesotans over the next 80 years and beyond. Join us and make a healthy difference through the work you do every day.
Description Summary 13;
This position exists to assist in the development, support and analysis of internal and external Blue Cross diversity and inclusion (D and I) and Health Equity(HE) plans, policies and practices in the areas of recruitment/selection, retention, development, organizational cultural change and community engagement.
1. Contribute to the development, implementation and assessment of the companys D and I and HE plans. Identify areas of challenge and opportunity, present recommended actions, and help facilitate the implementation of selected courses of action.
2. Utilize a variety of tools, including strategic assessments, inclusion best practices and benchmarking to align D and I/HE plans and practices with Blue Cross corporate goals and objectives.
3. Aid in the effort to market and communicate company D and I/HE strategies to internal and external customers and business partners.
4. Assist in the creation and presentation of D and I/HE training.
5. Participate in the review and revision of D and I/HE related human resources policies.
6.Assist Employee Resource Groups in the implementation of their initiatives and events.
7. Serve on project teams composed of individuals across the enterprise.
8. Perform other duties as assigned.
:Current enrollment in an accredited academic institution and completing sophomore year by summer 2018.
:3.0 GPA or above.
:Interested in a career in Human Resources
:Experience in working with diverse, cross:cultural groups
:Demonstrated ability to take ownership of projects, and to plan and timely deliver detailed work assignments.
:Possess excellent organizational, written/verbal communication and presentation skills. Proven capacity to create and maintain positive working relationships at all levels of an organization.
:Exercise strong and independent judgment and reasoning skills.
:Maintain a high standard regarding personal performance and integrity.
:Able to deal with confidential and sensitive information in a professional manner.
:Facility to perform various duties, including, but not limited to: word processing, filing, creation of spreadsheets, generation of reports, accurate and timely processing of data and the use of all forms of social media.
Preferred Requirements 13;
:Major or area of study in human resources management, human services, employee relations or business/public administration.
FLSA Status 13;
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Minnesota is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer that values diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance,
• Location: Minneapolis / St. paul
• Post ID: 26876962 minneapolis